Help me welcome to the show Mr. Caleb Wojcik, a world traveling videographer with over 1 million total YouTube views. He is a teacher, a podcaster, an entrepreneur and a hustler. Listen in as we talk about being your own boss, the importance of studying a conference attendee list BEFORE attending a conference, continual education and much much more!
Grab your notebook, Caleb is about to take us to school!
Come along with me...
- (01:30) From financial forecasting with Boeing to traveling and making videos for internet entrepreneurs
- (03:13) Finding your niche and following up with those in your network
- (05:08) How Caleb and I met at SeanWes Conference 2016 in Austin
- (08:10) The power of mastermind groups and accountability partners to help reach your ultimate goals. Meeting with people regularly who understand your goals, common excuses you might make and raise the level together.
- (10:45) My accountability partner, Sarah Dayan.
- (11:30) One of the most famous mastermind groups "the Inklings" - C.S. Lewis and J.R.R Tolkien early 1900's. For more information see this book on Amazon - 'The Fellowship. The Literary Lives of the Inklings' -
- (12:45) Consuming continual education via podcasts and audiobooks
- (13:00) Scaling Up by Verne Harnish - Recommended when growing employees
- (14:45) Book Yourself Solid and Beyond Booked Solid - Recommended for solo-prenurs
- (15:36) Traveling to Gana to document schools being built
- (17:30) How to get the MOST out of the conferences you attend! Research! Review the conference attendee list, before you arrive. Reach out, ahead of time, to individuals you want to try to meet. Provide value and help connect people you know, that may not know each other. Follow up!
- (23:00) Just In Time Learning - Consume focused information specific to the very task you are seeking to accomplish at that very moment. Being very intentional about what and when you are learning.
- (25:45) The 'Shawshank Redemption' Analogy. Pressure and time, that's really all it takes, pressure and time. Try, fail, experiment, keep pushing the boulder up the hill. If you really want something, make constant, at least weekly, progress.
- (29:00) The trick to getting over 1 million YouTube video views - continually show up.
- (30:00) The importance of taking breaks to recharge
Sites / Books / Podcasts mentioned:
Smart Passive Income
Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi
The Fellowship. The Literary Lives of the Inklings
Scaling up by Verne Harnish
Book Yourself Solid by Michael Port
Beyond Booked Solid by Michael Port
The Dip by Seth Godin
Pivot by Jenny Blake
For more information on Caleb Wojcik: